- February 23, 2009 at 6:41 pm #270943
White Chicken Chili
1 package perdue® fresh ground chicken (alternate: perdue® fresh ground turkey)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 package (about 1 3/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix
1 container (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 can (15 ounces) cannelloni, drained and rinsed (alternate: white kidney beans)
1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilies, undrained (optional)
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil.
2. Add onion; sauté 2 to 3 minutes, until softened and translucent.
3. Add ground chicken; sauté 5 to 7 minutes, until no longer pink.
4. Add chili seasoning, broth, beans and chilies; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 to 10 minutes, until all flavors are blended.
For other twists, use pinto beans, black beans or garbanzo beans. Sour cream, green onion and shredded Cheddar cheese make good toppings.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.