- This topic has 6 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated July 10, 2014 at 5:36 pm by .
- January 8, 2009 at 12:36 am #268968rtebalt
White Castle Sliders
Get a pound of 85% lean ground beef, and divide into 16 equal sized pieces.
Form each into a 2−1/2 inch square patties. Do this on waxed paper. Make
the patties very thin.Then “cookie−cut” five holes in each pattie.
(the pattern should resemble 5 on a dice) A CLEAN pen cap works nicely.
Freeze these 16 patties. (It’ll make it easier later)
BUNS: the buns are also small. My grocer has dinner rolls the exact size
I need, but you might have to create your own using hot dog buns.
hot−dog bun makes two White Castle buns. Simply cut in half (through top
and bottom) and then cut off the rounded sides to make them square.
COOKING: This is key.
You need to finely chop a medium white onion.
On a pre−heated 375 degree electric griddle, lay about 1−1/2 Tablespoons
of onion for each patty you want to cook (generously spray with non−stick
spray like Pam first) The onions should only be “one deep” if you will.
Immediately place frozen patty directly on top of onions and press down.
Cook for about 4 minutes right on top of the onions.The holes in the beef
will allow the steam to cook the top side. (You don’t flip)
Add a dash of salt and a pinch of pepper to each patty while they cook.
Remove and place on UNTOASTED buns.
- February 4, 2009 at 3:41 am #413754jkpjohnson
I am going to try these, we LOVE them, but Whities is alittle out of out way.
- February 14, 2009 at 11:29 pm #414831barbkurt88
Thanks so much for this recipe. 🙂 We love these and they are expensive at the grocery store and we don’t have a White Castle anywhere near us. I have made just plain sliders but this will be much much easier 😉
- November 4, 2012 at 2:33 am #434477JadeBWe always bought these by the bagful. No White Castle near me now – so, to bring back old memories – I’m going to make my own bagful.
- January 5, 2013 at 1:46 am #436053littleangelfire
thought i’d post a response since no responses had actually already made them. had them tonight – they’re great. i actually made my own buns so they’d be the right size.
- August 4, 2013 at 9:08 pm #440860Lan30
Sounds like something my family would love, I have to give it a try.
- December 9, 2013 at 11:56 pm #445574sheliprosperiLove the idea to put holes in the parties. Will make this.
- July 10, 2014 at 5:36 pm #455863TLLuckart
you can roll the ground beef onto a cookie sheet and then cut them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.