- March 31, 2015 at 2:05 pm #354990
My husband and I bought a house last summer and it came with a dishwasher. We were so excited because it was the first we ever had! Now, it’s a burden.
It’s a piece of junk and never gets the dishes clean. We usually end up washing the food junks off after the cycle anyway. Dh has suggested getting a new one but I wonder if it’s more frugal to just hand wash.Any ideas?
- April 2, 2015 at 6:37 am #461066
This all depends on how many dishes that you have on a daily basis. When I had kids at home the dishwasher was necessary.
If you decide to purchase a dishwasher there are a few things to keep in mind.Keep in mind there are a lot of different dishwasher detergents available to use. Your water will decide which one works best for you.
1. Dishwashers with stainless steel in sides tend to wash better.
2. Make sure the dishwasher heats the water to a sanitary temperature.
4. If you rinse you dishes before loading the dishwasher find one with a quick wash.
The newer dishwashers are so much better than a older one.
6. Can all of your dishes including pots and pans be washed in the dishwasher?
This really is a personal preference. For me being able to scrape a plate and put everything into the dishwasher and get clean dishes out is worth it.
- April 2, 2015 at 12:02 pm #461040Thanks LLindsay! That’s some good info I would never have thought about!
- January 23, 2017 at 3:54 pm #463483
Keep a pail next to your sink so when your done washing dishes you can reuse the water to water your indoor plants and outdoor plants.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.