Budget101 Discussion List Archives Home Improvement / Decor where to find cheap remodeling materials?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for BiggerPiggyBankBiggerPiggyBank
      Participant

Does anyone know of any inexpensive sources for remodeling materials? Things
      baseboards and molding, inexpensive flooring (carpet, tile, linoleum), etc. I
      only know of
      places like Home Depot and Lowe’s.

The house I could afford to buy has wonderful potential, but is in many varying
      stages of
      “obviously not finished”, and I’d like to do a little here and there, rather
      than a huge
      expense all at once.

Many thanks!

K a t

I have also found that Craigslist has a section for “Material” that lists everything from counter tops to flooring.

I call Lowe’s and Home depot usually around the first of the month and ask the manager when they are changing their display stock. They sell the display stuff for 1/10 of what it normally costs. I check craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums and there are alot of people giving away free unwanted remodeling material.

I have found alot there myself!! I got some great used deck material that I used to build a dog house. I wish you good luck.

Happy hunting!!

Craigslist can be a great resource. I see building supplies on there all the time even in the free section. Freecycle is also great.

It’s a board for only free things people are looking to get rid of, helping you and the environment out at the same time!

craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums
      The Freecycle Network

We have a local habitat for humanity store that has great deals!!

Don’t have any idea dear…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Home Improvement / Decor where to find cheap remodeling materials?