Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes F.A.Q Where to Buy Essential Oils

This topic contains 5 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Armymomof2 November 7, 2011 at 5:36 am.

• Author

I posted a few recipes in other forum categories that have essential oils in them. You can find essential oils at most health food stores, you can purchase tea tree oil at walmart and target.

They range anywhere from $3-$50 a bottle depending on what you’re getting, but mostly cost about $8 on average and they last a Really long time. Make sure you don’t accidently buy Fragrance oils because those are not the same and have fillers in them, etc.

You’re more likely to experience an allergic reaction to a Fragrance oil. Save the fragrances for your candle or soap making :tongue:

One place i like is Mountain Rose Herbs w/Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils. I like their products.

i bought my oils from ebay. It’s the store by the OrganicWitch. They are dram sizes but very cheap.

Free shipping as well. I got them so I could play around with scents to see which ones work best for me.

mos
    Participant

I like the products from Azure Green;-)

I was just coming to ask where to buy essential oils so thanks for all of the answers! I haven’t had any experience with them, but a doctor recommended a couple to rub on me for certain physical problems. Is it the scent of the oil that is supposed to help or do the benefits come from oil that gets absorbed through my skin?

what place would be those most inexpensive to purchase cinnamon oil….I use it to make my rooms smell better….I love the smell but its so expensive everywhere I go….help???

@amalgamate 145850 wrote:

I was just coming to ask where to buy essential oils so thanks for all of the answers! I haven’t had any experience with them, but a doctor recommended a couple to rub on me for certain physical problems. Is it the scent of the oil that is supposed to help or do the benefits come from oil that gets absorbed through my skin?

you will want to cut the essential oil with a base. jojoba oil is best for skin as well as vitamin e oil.

you also need to to know how many parts of the base (oil) to the essential oil you will need to mix. make sure it says pure essential oil, there are some essential oils that are synthetic and these oil can cause an allergic reaction. bath and body works is great for getting essential oils so are places like trader joe’s and whole foods, or any really good organic grocery store.

good luck.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes F.A.Q Where to Buy Essential Oils