- January 3, 2006 at 4:20 pm #234952LissKeymaster
equivalents and substitutions
equivalents and substitutions are two very different things. equivalents are measuring amounts of standard ingredients. for instance, one large egg yolk is the equivalent of 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon.
If a recipe calls for 1 cup graham crackers crumbs, do you know how many whole graham crackers you should have to crush?
Substitutions are ingredients that will work in the recipes like other ingredients. For instance, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoons of shortening can be substituted for 1 square of unsweetened baking chocolate in a recipe.
- January 5, 2009 at 9:45 pm #408363KawaiiGiggleParticipant
to me a cup of crushed graham crackers is like a whole package..
- January 7, 2009 at 6:27 pm #408668Quote:in the chart below
what chart? i don’t see one.
- January 8, 2009 at 8:55 am #408751FreebieQueenModerator
The message was imported from the discussion list as an attachment, unfortunately, all attachments were truncated during the import. It is now available on the site under substitutions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.