What should I rename a Halloween Goodie bag since it’s for school ?

Holidays & Special Occasions Halloween What should I rename a Halloween Goodie bag since it’s for school ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I would like to make Halloween goodie bags but the public school doesn’t celebrate Halloween even though when my son was in Kindergarten last year they did have goodie bags and cupcakes.I just would like to pass out goodie bags at the end of class.We will be having a fall party but that’s for thanksgiving break,so I can’t call it a Fall goodie bag since that name is already taken.So if you have any ideas on what to call a Halloween goodie bag without saying it is please let me know.I would appreciate any ideas you might have or have done in the past.

Thank You,
      Sally VW

What about a “Harvest Bag”. I would think the school would be alright with this as long as it was not specific to Halloween. My local school does not do the “Halloween Party” either.

But the kids can all dress up as their favorite book character on October 31 to celebrate a love of reading.

Great suggestion Kim!!! Love that!!

I agree – Harvest Bag is a great politically correct name. Personally, I love Halloween and enjoy giving out treats to the cute little ones that go Trick or Treating. Brings back memories of simpler times.

Ditto!!! I think it’s ridiculous to keep the majority of kids that celebrate the holidays from doing so in school, just not to offend the few that don’t. I would rather see multiple holidays celebrated i.e.

Kwanzaa, Christmas, Chanukah, etc. than none. It feels like a communist country when I hear this happening to my children.

Just mho. i think “harvest bag” is great. just be careful someone might think you are celtic or pagan and try to do away with it.

lol! lisa

lcove2000
      You made me laugh! Thank you! I know it has been awhile since I have been in elementary school but I don’t recall any problems with celebrating Halloween.

So sad that you have to explain to kids that there is nothing wrong with celebrating a time honored tradition. Thought that is part of what made America so special. Guess it is the politics afterall 🙁

Great idea Kim calling the treat bags (Harvest Bags) .
      Hope that sallyvw likes this name.

Thank You all for giving me some great ideas.

Sallyvw

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Halloween What should I rename a Halloween Goodie bag since it’s for school ?