- This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated April 5, 2007 at 1:51 am by .
- April 5, 2007 at 1:51 am #240025
I need to really do a budget birthday for my daughter who is turning 8 years
old. This is what I have planned so far…
Homemade birthday cake and ho-made ice cream (I thought it would be a treat to
have ho-made ice cream) I want to invite only the extended family over in the
evening. It won’t be a real birthday party but dd likes when family comes over)
A pair of earrings. dd got her ears pierced 8 weeks ago. She still have her
starter earrings in. The lady at the local jewelry store has children’s
earrings for 14.95 a pair that have real gold posts. The jeweler said these
would not irritate even the most sensitive ears. I though the price was very
reasonable. This is the only thing that dd really wants. She wants a pair of
I am going to make four coupons for dd printed on colored paper.
1) Coupon good for 1 room cleaning
2) Coupon good for 1 day of no schoolwork. Mom will do all of your schoolwork
but you have to sit and watch. (I plan on talking my way through the
assignments so that she learns something 🙂
3) Coupon for an entire day of your favorite meals including dessert
4) Coupon to stay up 1 hour later than siblings (only good on a Friday night)
Her birthday is on a Sat so I will arrange with the preacher for Kristin to be
able to play the piano in church. She has never played in church before though
her sister plays on a regular basis. She has been wanting to play for a long
time and has a song ready. I want to surprise her. We go to a very small
church and the congregation will also sing Happy Birthday to her.
I received a bag of hand-me-down clothes from a lady at church. None of my
children has seen the bag and I pulled out two very pretty dresses that will fit
this particular daughter and I will give them to her on her birthday.
That’s all I can come up with. Does anyone have any other ideas?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.