Stuff I’d Like to See General What are you reading?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

I am reading SeaBiscuit By: Laura Hillenbrand.
      She also wrote Unbroken. Great read!
      I’d love to hear what you all are reading.

I really wish I could say that I was reading an exciting book. Sadly though the only thing I have been reading lately is a textbook, a few journal articles, oh yeah the best one some by-laws. Please share with me some of what SeaBiscuit is about.

First, let me say, I’m a hugh fan of true stories about people who go through unbelievable hard ships and show great fortitude. I read this authors book ( Unbroken, excellent, true story, shot down over pacific, pow) and so decided to read this one. I’m just beginning it really. In short, It is true. A very famous race horse during depression era. Seabiscuit. Him and the people who loved him were under dogs already. All with disadvantages already having endured life’s trials and now the depression… So far, good.

Stephen King 11/22/63. Just started it. It will take me awhile 849 pages. I am not a huge reader, I would rather watch the movie. I really like Nichoas Sparks books.

With a HUGE thanks to Liss, I am currently reading Rosemary Gladstars book “Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health”. A wonderful book that, to me, is inspiring.

I don’t read but I do have one favorite book that I would read again…. it is called “Night” by Elie Wiesel.

@Nevertheless 254501 wrote:

I don’t read but I do have one favorite book that I would read again…. it is called “Night” by Elie Wiesel.

Night is an Excellent book!

@BellaRosa 254522 wrote:

Night is an Excellent book!

It made me eyes tear up reading it , but yeah great book

Nevertheless, That book is now on my to read list! I also noticed that there are several more. Night is followed by Dawn then another book titled Day. Did you guys read those?

@splashangel 254544 wrote:

Nevertheless, That book is now on my to read list! I also noticed that there are several more. Night is followed by Dawn then another book titled Day. Did you guys read those?

Ok cool, really?? I didn’t know there were more…I have go to and find those now!

Added the books Night, Dawn & Day to my list as well. Not a huge reader, but everyone suggested them, so I will give them a try as well.

JKP,
      I took the T.v. out a LOT of years ago now. So watching isn’t an option! Luckily, though, I am a reader. If you or Nevertheless beat me to reading them PLEEEASE let me know what you think.

Today, after work, I started I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by maya Angelou. Because of me trying to find out why the caged bird sings, my family had frozen pizza.multistars smilie

I am reading Cutting the Stone on my kindle.

Hey laxmom! Is that book as good as it looks? I read about the author so am sure it has a “real” feel about it. I also read some reviews and didn’t want to stop reading. How far along are you?

I really don’t know the name, but it is a murder mystery. I read them on my Nook color which my son gave me a couple of years ago. I usually download the free ones, cause I read a lot.

Urallee, I do free on Kindle p.c. and every once in a while I find a jewel.
      I have just started The Diary of Ann Frank. I don’t know why I havn’t already reaD IT.

Love reading, and my Kindle. It’s how I found this site. Right now I am reading Seven Patients, which is about a medical student.

caroldeleney,
      That book looks very interesting. My mood hasn’t been forfiction in forever… But I’d read that. It sounded interesting.
      I have barely cracked the pages on Ann Frank. I’ve just been too busy. Once Ind get my gramaws house clean and her spruced up and lookin devine, I’m going to settle in and read.

Adrift by Steven Callahan.
      True story. Guy lost at sea 76 days.

@jkpjohnson 254478 wrote:

Stephen King 11/22/63. Just started it. It will take me awhile 849 pages. I am not a huge reader, I would rather watch the movie. I really like Nichoas Sparks books.

15 days later and I am just on page 5 (but it was a chapter). The weather has just been so nice……………………………………….. Waiting for a snow storm or temps below 30!

Oh man! LOL! I’d hate to be waiting on you to read that book next!

I’m 40% into Black Harvest by Alex Lukeman on my Kindle.

Stephen King 11/22/63 ~ Just about done, really only read on Sundays (sports on the TV for DH). It is a pretty good book, but long.

The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn.
      I have a friend in Main who comes to visit every Spring. He has called three times urging me to read this book. So I am. Honestly, I like the Bible for Bible stuff. Not into Bible fiction. With that being said, it’s interesting. Makes you think and read the verses mentioned. Although it’s fiction, it’s not…

Having a hard go of the Harbonger. Just not my cup of tea. I read the three books from the Hunger Games and VERY much enjoyed them. I’m now reading a Louis Lamore book. You know how people have comfort foods? His books are kinda like that to me. Been reading him since I was about 12.

I’m reading murder on the menu it’s a cooking class mystery ebook till I start on 3 cups of tea for my book club

I am currently reading “The Inside Ring,” by Mike Lawson. Its not bad. Not my usual type of book that I read, but it was a free Nook book so I figured I’d give it a try.

Keymaster

@BellaRosa 254498 wrote:

With a HUGE thanks to Liss, I am currently reading Rosemary Gladstars book “Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health”. A wonderful book that, to me, is inspiring.

Bella, I’m so Glad you’re enjoying her book! I adore rosemary gladstar, her style of writing and view of herbs is unmatched by any other.

I think you might also enjoy Christiane Northrup as well. She’s very candid, discusses every health subject imaginable (oh, and did I mention she’s a Holistic Dr?) Her books are very eye opening to me.

I’m currently reading Darker after Midnight by Lara Adrian. I love yard sales during the summer months because books are often .10-.25 each and I grab a few here and there for winter reading. I never seem to have time to read in the summer at all, it’s all go-go-go.

Right now I am in the middle of writing a Horror Novel myself, if only I had more time to work on it!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General What are you reading?