What are some of your Christmas traditions.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List What are some of your Christmas traditions.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, I haven’t had the chance to really post, but been a lurker for years!! LOL>> but this topic is one of my fav’s and I can’t remain silent.
      Christmas is really special to me, as my family and my husbands family are not close and really don’t have a lot of traditions, so we had to start from scratch. The day after thanksgiving, we drive to a christmas tree farm and find the perfect tree.

It is a challenge, because we all have to agree… My husband and I have five children. Then we spend the weekend setting up the tree and the christmas lights on the house.

We have cookie baking parties, invite 6 people over who each bring 7 dozen cookies and we chat and swap cookies to give as gifts. The kids and I make our yearly gingerbread houses…we make the patterns out of cardboard and my husband judges the best architecture. We drive with the hot chocolate to look at Christmas lights, and on
      the 23rd we go caroling.

It always makes people smile. We are thinking of doing it at a senior center this year… Mistydawne

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.
      Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List What are some of your Christmas traditions.