WEST at home WAS Re: Looking For NON Scam work from home (on the com

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List WEST at home WAS Re: Looking For NON Scam work from home (on the com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Last I heard about West is that they no longer have contractors but they do hire

home employees. I was a contractor last year when they were switching over and I

just did not have the time to switch. At the time I was mostly taking calls for

HSN which is a lot better than taking infomercial calls. Sometimes I would make

real good money, other times not so good.

—- Angela <angela.c@mchsi.com> wrote:

> Here is the link to west work at home.

>

> https://apply.westathome.com/

>

>

>

> I worked for them a couple years back, it was ok but I decided to stop for

> the following reasons,1. I had stuff come up where I couldn’t continue and 2

> I decided I didn’t like that they didn’t take taxes out cause you are not

> considered an employee of west at home you are basically a contractor (self

> employed) so you pay your own taxes on what you make at the end of the year

> or what ever. 3. At times the available schedules that they posted as

> available and I was able to get(they post available time slots and you

> choose them before someone else gets them to get slots to work in) usually

> didn’t make me enough money to justify the price of me paying for a second

> phone line(they require a you to have second phone line-no cable service

> phone lines allowed, with no features(like call waiting, caller id etc.)

> some phone companys offer a second line for like 20 or so a month with no

> features so check with yours, but mine was like 39 a month. You are also

> required to have cable(high speed) Internet.

>

>

>

> You must have somewhere you can work in complete silence as the callers on

> the other end are not to know you are working out of home they are to think

> you are in a call center.

>

>

>

> You must complete a back ground check cause you will be dealing with peoples

> credit card numbers addresses etc

>

>

>

> You buy a head set that has a mike on it and and during your time slot you

> are working you sign in to their system and it will route calls through your

> computer and most of the time a script will come up on your screen and you

> say it and put in information or sometimes you have to go to to other pages

> etc to get scripts or answers to questions. They do different companies and

> each screen or way it is done is all different you have to do training for

> each one that you get certified for. Each listing of available ones to

> work with (or not available but you can put your name in for positions to

> train for when they come available) states the training and interviewing

> times it takes to get it if you pass the final testing at the end of the

> training and learning.

>

>

>

> One “line” I worked doing was taking calls for informercials I took calls

> for things like natural cures the don’t want you to know about, swivel

> sweeper, aarp, a times shares thing(cant think what it is called now), turbo

> jam(and most all the beach body workouts), proactive, inventools, these are

> a few just to give you an idea right off the top of my head. some are just

> basically imputing information that people want sent to them(like aarp for

> exp) but others are sales where people are calling to order things and

> there is loads of upsale script that you must( they record calls and you are

> disciplined if you are caught not reading the each script word for word as

> it comes on the screen) read to the customers and imput whether they wish to

> add the items to their order and you are having to do this while people are

> getting more and more ticked at being read upsell after upsell(some went as

> many as 7 or 8 or more it seems un ending even to me). Even when you were

> in the middle of reading and they griped or yelled at you, you are trained

> that you must continue to read where you left off. The only way you are to

> continue through a certain script with out finishing reading it is if the

> speciafically say i do not want to hear any more offers i only want what i

> called for. sometimes people would be so mad they would want to cancel

> their whole order which by then the original order(without the upsales) was

> already sent through so with some you couldn’t cancelled(it depended on how

> the company you were selling for had it setup) so that can really tick some

> folks off and then you have to deal with that.

>

>

>

> they time your calls and rate you on how long it takes you to complete the

> calls and whether or not they ended up buying the product after they called

> and whether you got them to purchase any upsell products and give you like a

> percent of success basically and also you are rated on how good you are at

> signing in and staying signed in the whole time you are supposed to be

> working(which may sound easy but my score dropped because of a cable

> internet failure in the middle of my shift and i tried to call and tell them

> and they still counted it against me-this happened several times to me as

> for a while my internet provided gave me nothing but head aches with my

> service). basically if you score drops the less calls they route to

> you(meaning the less money you make since you only get paid during active

> calls).

>

>

>

> the pay is 0.02 to 0.10 cents a minute per minute of active calls. So for

> example if you work 10 minutes and you start and a call come through and it

> takes 3 minutes(at a 0.03 which is average per minute rate) you would make 0

> 09 cents and then you waited 2 minutes for the next call to come

> through(some days-and time of day are busier than others sometimes calls

> came in one after another others I waited as long as 20+ minutes with out a

> call(meaning no pay during this time) then took a 4 minute call( 0.12) and

> then a 1 minute call comes in immediately(0.03) you would only make 0.24

> cents for 10 minutes of calls. But if you get a time or day when calls come

> in one after another(meaning you hang up with one and another comes right

> through) it is a little better. Ocassionally for certain”lines” they pay

> per hour like during the holidays (when call volume is higher).

>

>

>

> They direct deposit checks ever 2 weeks and mail you a check stub. Like I

> said earlier no taxes are taken out you are responsible for paying your own

> taxes.

>

>

>

> Well anyway this is all I can think of for now, sorry for any typos as it is

early and I don’t feel good, but I do hope this helps anyone that was wondering

about them. Bye, Angela

Check out the hottest new celebrity!!! As seen in People and Woman’s World! Lose

5% of body weight in 10 days. Works faster than South Beach or Atkins.

https://www.kimkins.com/493.html

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List WEST at home WAS Re: Looking For NON Scam work from home (on the com