- August 14, 2009 at 3:10 pm #275150
– 4 sprays non-fat olive oil cooking spray
– 8 medium corn tortillas, cut into 4 wedges each
– 1/2 tsp kosher salt
– 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
– 1 pound chicken breast, cooked, skinless, shredded
– 1 cup tomatoes, diced
– 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
– 1/3 cup chopped red onions
– 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers ( I used a combination of red, green and yellow peppers)
– 1/4 cup chopped tomatillos
– 1/4 cup black olives
– 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
– 1/4 cup salsa
– 1/2 tsp ground cumin, or Adobo seasoning
– 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
– 1/4 cup sliced jalapenos*
*If you don’t like spicy, feel free to eliminate the jalapenos
NOTE: Try adding 1 cup cooked black beans to the recipe for some added protein and fiber, but add on one additional Point per serving, if you do.
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Arrange tortillas on baking sheet; spray tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
Arrange tortillas in bottom and up sides of 4 salad bowls, so that each bowl will have 8 tortilla wedges.
Place 1/4 of lettuce, cilantro, chicken, tomatoes, black olives, bell peppers, onions, and tomatillos in each bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, salsa, cumin and pepper sauce. Drizzle about 3 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Top with sliced jalapenos .
Makes 4 servings
Each serving = 6 Weight Watchers Points
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.