Washing Soda

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I just did the google search. Washing soda is Sodium Carbonate. I have been buying this every summer for the last six years and did not know it. We put it in the kids above ground pool to raise the PH. It is in the pool section under the name PD Add.
      Next time I go to walmart, I’ll calculate the cost per ounce of this added to the cost per ounce of Borax to see if I can save money making my own detergent.

Diane

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 1:46 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : washing soda

hi if you google locate washing soda you will find tips giving you the name of it sodium chlorite or whatever it is didn’t write it down & they say walmart carries it in pool section under different name but it is the same & they use in laundry soap; check it out!

— On Tue, 7/1/08, J Diane Northcutt <jdnorthcutt@ftc-i.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : washing soda
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 10:19 AM

I also can’t find washing soda near where I live. Someone said that they get it at Walmart, but the Walmart in my town does not carry it. I once contacted Arm & Hammer about whereI could buy it. The nearst location that they could come up with is 35 miles from my house. This was a Harris Teeter store in a high end neighborhood. The price of the soda was so high that I did not save any money making my own detergent.
      Is there another brand of Washing Soda other than Arm & Hammer that might be cheaper?

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogro ups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:36 AM
      Subject: Budget101.com : washing soda

I am unable to find washing soda around where I live, is it ok if i
      just wash my clothes with the borax? Or will they not clean well? Im
      confused!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.