- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 9:46 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 9:46 pm #265658rtebalt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1½ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
• 1 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into bits
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 4 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350º. With aluminum foil, line bottom and sides of a 13×9: baking pan, extending ends of foil beyond 2 short pan sides.
Crust: In a medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar and egg yolk until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, beat in flour until mixture is smooth. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly golden and set.
Topping: While crust is baking, in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, butter and honey; heat until butter is melted. Bring to boil; let boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in heavy cream and walnuts. Pour mixture evenly over prepared crust. Return to oven. Continue to bake, 21-23 minutes or until topping is bubbling. Cool in pan on wire rack. Lift foil by short ends to transfer bar to cutting board. Invert onto wire rack; carefully remove foil. Reinvert bar onto cutting board. Cut crosswise into 10 equal strips; cut each strip diagonally into 5 equal triangles.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.