- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 10, 2009 at 1:36 am by .
- August 10, 2009 at 1:36 am #275078
1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (7 oz)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
32 small slices pepperoni (about 2 1/2 oz)
1. Heat waffle maker with 8-inch-square cooking surface on Medium-High heat setting. In medium bowl, mix both cheeses, basil and oregano; set aside.
In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat pizza sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Place in small serving bowl.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll both cans of dough onto work surface.
Separate each crosswise, making 4 (7×6-inch) rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheets: Unroll both cans of dough onto work surface. Cut each rectangle crosswise making a total of 4 (7×6-inch) rectangles.
Place 1 dough rectangle on bottom surface of heated waffle maker, being careful not to open up perforations. Quickly sprinkle 1 cup cheese mixture evenly on top of dough. Place 16 slices of pepperoni evenly over cheese mixture.
Top with another dough rectangle; close waffle maker.
4. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until sandwich is golden brown. With pancake turner, remove from waffle maker; place on cutting board.
Cool 30 seconds before cutting. Cut into 4 square sandwiches or 8 triangular snacks. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese mixture and pepperoni.
Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.