- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated January 4, 2014 at 2:04 am by .
- January 4, 2014 at 2:04 am #336151MrsPaws
1 1/2 tablespoons evoo
2-3 cups mixed fresh veggies-diced/sliced (bell peppers,
mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, etc.)
1 teaspoon chili powder
Juice from one lime
s and p-to taste
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese-grated
8 tortillas-flour or whole wheat
Butter for cooking
Optional toppings: sour cream, avocado, cilantro, hot peppers, salsa
1. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Throw in the diced onions and veggies and cook for 4 or 5 minutes
3. Add the chili powder, lime juice and salt to the veggie mix.
4. Heat large skillet or griddle to 375 degrees over medium heat.
5. In a large bowl mix together the veggies and grated cheese.
Spread a thin layer of the mixture on four of the tortillas and then top
them with the other four.
6. Melt a little butter on the griddle or in the pan.
Cook the quesadillas for several minutes until the bottom starts to brown.
(Can add a little dab of butter on the top).
Once it browns, flip and repeat on the other side until lightly browned.
7. Let the quesadilla cool for a few minutes before cutting for the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.