- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated August 5, 2012 at 6:01 pm by .
- August 5, 2012 at 6:01 pm #308315MrsPaws
This casserole is a great way to use up left over cooked/steamed vegetables.
2 cans mixed veggies, 16 oz frozen veggies, or 2-3 cups left over cooked veggies
1 cup sliced fresh or canned mushrooms-drained
1 medium onion-diced
1 clove garlic-minced
1 cup chopped water chestnuts
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or whatever’s on hand)
3/4 cup mayonnaise-I used light
s and p-to taste
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tbsp dried minced parsley
1 roll Ritz type crackers, crushed-I used wheat Ritz type
1 stick butter/margarine-melted1. Mix veggies, onion, mushrooms, water chestnuts, cheese, garlic, parsley, dill, mayo, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Pour into a prepared casserole dish.
Mix crushed crackers with melted butter.
3. Top veggie mix with cracker mix.
4. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Optional-can add more cheese to top if desired.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.