- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated August 26, 2012 at 9:41 pm by .
- August 26, 2012 at 12:22 am #308839MrsPaws
4 cups cooked veggies (broccoli, carrots, cabbage, green beans, zucchini, cauliflower, corn, squash, potatoes, celery, peas, etc…left over veggies are perfect.)
1/2 cup corn flakes or bread crumbs
3 T butter
2 cloves garlic-minced/grated
3 Tbsp flour
s and p-to taste
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup of grated cheese ( Whatever is on hand)
Directions:1. Saute onion and garlic in 1 tbsp butter, in an oven safe large and deep heavy bottomed skillet.
2. Add flour, salt and pepper.
Continue cooking, stirring continually until bubbly; add milk.
4. Continue stirring until smooth; add cheese.
5. Stir until melted.
Add cooked veggies. Stir gently.
6. Sprinkle crushed cornflakes or bread crumbs on top of mixture.
7.Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter and pour over topping.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 or until bubbling.
if skillet is not oven safe, then after cooking, pour mixture into a prepared casserole dish.
add topping, then pour butter on top.
bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- August 26, 2012 at 9:41 pm #432546Merry3
Mrs Paws I love your recipes! Your vegetable au Gratin sounds wonderfull. Hoping to make this soon.I just need some left over vegetables.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.