- This topic has 3 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated May 18, 2013 at 5:35 am by .
- February 9, 2013 at 1:57 pm #314762Liss
Valentines day is one of those… maybe we do, maybe we don’t “celebration” days. I’m not one of those women that needs chocolates and flowers on this day to be happy. I do like to make a “special” or romantic dinner (preferably for 2). When the kids were little it was nice to go out for dinner, but now that they’re teenagers and not quite so “needy” it doesn’t seem to matter much to me.
I like to leave little love notes around the house to let my dh know that I am thinking of him.What do you like to do to celebrate Valentines?
- February 9, 2013 at 4:11 pm #437066MrsPaws
We definitely celebrate Valentines’s Day…it’s our Anniversary. lol Hubby usually does bring me a dozen roses and such.
We usually go out to eat, just the two of us.
When the kids were younger, they would stay with the Grandparents while we took a overnight ‘get a way’. Although we haven’t done that in a while…crazy dogs and such…lol
- February 11, 2013 at 4:30 pm #437174Nonnie
My Husband and I have not celebrated Valentines Day since our son passed away 7 and 1/2 years ago. I do celebrate with my 2 grandchildren though as they are the best valentines I could ever have asked for.
- February 12, 2013 at 10:50 am #437199wilbe95We don’t do anything special as a couple for Valentines. I do still get the boys a small heart box of chocolates, think they would really miss it if I didn’t, lol. I prefer to do the little things throughout the year rather than just one particular day. If I have to travel I leave little notes around the house on the mirrors, windows and glass (use a dry erase marker) for each person. They then go on a hunt for what might be for them and where.
- May 18, 2013 at 5:35 am #439675MaraJadeC
No romantic dinners or flowers of any kind, but we do greet each other on Valentine’s Day! 😀 Sometimes a love letter or two.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.