- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 31, 2008 at 7:49 pm by .
- December 31, 2008 at 7:49 pm #268461rtebalt
Try This Technique:
1. Place unwrapped hard candies in a heavy plastic bag, then place bag on top of a folded towel and crush candies into small chunks with a meat mallet or small hammer.
Steps 2-4. 2. Line a baking sheet with foil.Place desired cookie cutters on foil, at least 2 inches apart. Divide crushed candies evenly among cutters (about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons per lollipop; see photo 2, top). Candy layer should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Add small decorative candies or flower petals to crushed candies. (If using flower petals, make sure they are covered with a layer of the crushed candy.)
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until candies are completely melted. Cool 30 seconds.Remove cookie cutters with tongs (see photo 3, center), allowing melted candy to spread slightly.
4. Quickly attach a stick to the base of each lollipop, twisting the stick to cover lollipop end with melted candy (see photo 4, bottom). If desired, use a fork to press more small candies or flower petals into hot lollipops.
Cool. Peel foil from lollipops. Makes 8.Note: These lollipops are not intended for children under age 3. To prevent choking, the Consumer Product Safety Commission says children under 3 shouldn’t handle anything smaller than 2-1/4 x 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 inches
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.