- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated January 18, 2009 at 1:29 am by .
- January 5, 2006 at 12:29 am #235221
1. Make eggs or cream whip up faster and higher. Add a pinch of salt before
De-ice sidewalks. In a pinch, it can be used as a substitute for rock
3. Keep chicken or turkey moist. Rub salt in the cavity of the bird before
Prevent saut?s made with eggplant or zucchini from getting watery.
Sprinkle salt on these vegetables before cooking.
5. Eliminate sticky residue from an iron. Run the hot iron (no steam) over
plain paper sprinkled with salt.
Clean drains. Pour a hot, strong solution (1/2 cup salt for every quart
of water) down the drain.
7. Remove dirt from leafy vegetables, such as spinach.
Wash the vegetables
in a bath of salt water.
8. Prevent frost from accumulating inside car windows. Rub the glass with a solution of 2 teaspoons of salt in 1 gallon of hot water.
9. Remove sangria and red-wine stains from your washables. Stretch the
fabric over a bowl, cover the stain with salt, and carefully pour boiling water over it.
Keep shells from cracking when boiling eggs. Add a few pinches of salt
to the water.
- January 18, 2009 at 1:29 am #410507
great tips, thanks…………..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.