Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

USE A LEMON TO:
      1. Sanitize a chopping block. Run a slice of lemon over the surface to
      disinfect.
      2. Eliminate the browning that occurs when food sits out too long. Sprinkle
      apple or pear slices with lemon juice before serving, or squeeze a bit into
      guacamole and give it a stir.
      3. Remove tough food stains from plastic and light-colored wooden cutting
      boards. Slice a lemon in half, squeeze the juice onto the soiled surface, rub,
      and let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with water.
      4. Fade tea stains on cloth. Dilute lemon juice with an equal amount of
      water. Use an eyedropper or a Q-tip to make sure the juice targets the stain.
      Thoroughly flush with cool water.
      5. Decorate on the cheap. Fill a glass bowl with lemons for a sunny
      centerpiece. Or display a row of them along a windowsill.
      6. Relieve a sore throat. Cut a lemon in half. Skewer one half over a medium
      flame on a gas stove or an electric burner set on high and roast until the
      peel turns golden brown. Let cool slightly, then mix the juice with 1 teaspoon
      of honey. Swallow the mixture.
      7. Whiten fingernails. Rub a wedge on the surface of your nails.
      8. Shine the interior of copper cookware. Sprinkle a lemon wedge with salt,
      then scrub.
      9. Brighten laundry whites. Add 1/2 cup lemon juice to the wash cycle of a
      normal-size load.
      10. Remove soft cheese or other sticky foods from a grater. Rub both sides
      of the grater with the pulp side of a cut lemon.

Was going to post this and then it was already here. So I thought I would push it up

Was going to post this and then it was already here. So I thought I would push it up

And don’t forget that when you are all finished with your lemon to throw it in your garbage disposal to freshen it 🙂

And don’t forget that when you are all finished with your lemon to throw it in your garbage disposal to freshen it 🙂

great add on Kim,thanks. I didn’t even think of that when i was reading it

great add on Kim,thanks. I didn’t even think of that when i was reading it

Also if you’re dizzy for one reason or another and can’t shake the feeling sucking on a lemon slice will really help

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.