- July 31, 2008 at 11:18 am #248076LissKeymasterUser Infractions
:doh:What it is: The user infraction system gives points for rule violations. Some infractions will expire after a certain time period and some never expire. This is based on the severity of the infraction.The following is a list of the current user infractions, their point value, and their expiration’s.
Posting of an unapproved link in signature or posts* Links to competing sites, referral programs*, or any site that nets you a profit or competes with this website in nature or our affiliates is not permitted. (*Exception– members with 25+ posts may post their referral link on our referral boards)
The rule on signatures is that you may not have any link in your signature that links outside of Budget101 Forums unless you have:A. Paid the fee for advertising OR
B. Have asked for approval from an Admin or Super Moderator.
* Points – 5:014:Flaming or insulting another member or staff.
* Expires in – 1 Month
* All flaming or insulting post violations will result only if a member finds your post(s) to be serious enough to report your post for violation*** of this rule. Members are to self govern this rule by reporting any post that they feel has gotten way out of hand. Flaming and insulting members does apply in all forums.
* Points – 5:bs_stopspamnlamor: Spamming the board via PM or posts
* Expires – 7 Days
*Spam is not tolerated what so ever at Budget101. Spam is an immediate and permanent ban.
* Points – 30Creating Multiple Usernames
* Expires – Never
*Creating Multiple usernames/accounts for the purpose of bumping posts is prohibited.
* Points – 15:Scissors:Promoting Fraudulent Coupon Activity
* Expires – 1 month
Posting about using coupons in a fraudulent manner or Posting a known Fraudulent Coupon
* Points – 30Negative I-Trader Ratings
* Expires – Never
Please note, ALL negative I-trader ratings are reviewed by site staff and may result in removal from the ability to participate in the experience shop.
ConsequencesAll infractions have consequences, here you will find how many points and how many infractions it will take to give users a consequence.
10 Points OR 6 Infractions = 2 Day Ban from the board
20 Points OR 8 Infractions = 5 Day Ban from the board
30 Points OR 10 Infractions = Permanent Ban from the board
We realize that Budget101 Forums does not have many violations but they do come up from time to time. Most members are respectful to one another and follow the rules and we appreciate that!We feel that knowing the rules and what will happen if you break the rules is good for the forum.
All Budget101 Staff, Mods, & SuperMods are able to issue infractions.
Of course we hope none of our members will ever need to get an infraction, But as the board grows each day we realize that it’s bound to happen from time to time.*** To report a post for rule violations please click on this – -icon which can be found in the right hand corner of each post. This will send a message to our staff.
If at any point we feel the need to revise these infractions we will and will amend this post and bump it to let you know if there are new infractions. Our goal here is run the board smoothly so that we can focus our time and energy on bringing you the best information on frugal living (within your means), dirt cheap recipes, freebies and hot coupons.
- July 31, 2008 at 11:54 am #397574
Thanks for posting these… I’m familiar with infractions policies on other boards and kind of wondered how they worked here.
- November 20, 2008 at 10:07 pm #404183Thanks for the info 🙂
- December 3, 2008 at 11:34 pm #405237
Very good to know rules!!!
- December 4, 2008 at 9:57 pm #405349
wow good to known the rule
- March 15, 2009 at 8:50 pm #417561Thanks for the rules I am very excited about all os this as this will be a new experience for me. I am an activities director ans am always looking for and passing on coupons, freebies and deals. so excited to see so many like minded people
- April 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm #429834
Thanks for the rules. I am new to the website and am eager to learn and share tips and strategies.
- April 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm #429833
- April 22, 2011 at 4:43 pm #429896
Thanks for the info — running this site must be a major undertaking! I appreciate that we have lots of people taking care of us!
- November 3, 2011 at 6:14 pm #430393When I look at my experience since this new promotion deal is going on I have the following items on my profile which I do not understand. 07:49 AM Armymomof2 has lost -4 Points for Posts points
07:49 AM Armymomof2 has lost -22 Points for User points
07:49 AM Armymomof2 has lost -10 Points for Misc points07:49 AM Armymomof2 has earned 9 Points for threads points
06:50 AM Armymomof2 has lost -9 Points for threads points
Can someone explain what is going on? I also seem to have lost my blog award as well.
- November 30, 2011 at 12:30 am #430531Thanks will there be any kind of warning for any of these, or is there some where or someone we can email if we have a question about something we may want to share.
- May 25, 2012 at 8:43 pm #431946happy0349Participant
Liss I believe Budget 101, User Infractions System is fair.
- February 12, 2013 at 3:10 am #437191
Thank you so much for the information.
- April 23, 2013 at 6:33 pm #439176Good concise explanation. Thanks.
- May 29, 2013 at 3:37 pm #439873
Thank you so much for the information.
- August 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm #440983
helpful but what if you get hacked or a virus that ends up spamming people or something? how do u know if you have points? im new n have no idea about forums or any of this sorry if this is a dumb question..
- August 24, 2013 at 3:53 am #442910Why would people make more than 1 profile.
- August 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm #443079
Thanks for the super site
- October 23, 2013 at 12:11 am #444724
Good to know spammers are frowned upon here. I’vbeen on boards before that quickly became unusable once the spam started breeding 🙁
- October 24, 2013 at 7:23 pm #444758Thanks for the info!
- October 29, 2013 at 9:44 am #444816
Sounds simple and straight forward enough.
- December 2, 2013 at 3:10 am #445433
Thanks for the info.
- December 22, 2013 at 3:08 am #446045Infractions rules are very thorough. Helps to keep everyone friendly and fair.
- December 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm #447001
Thank you. I really like that this will be a spam free environment, and that the rules are clearly explained. Understanding and no drama!
- December 31, 2013 at 4:14 pm #447235Thank you for the information. i wondered what an infraction was
- January 1, 2014 at 8:24 pm #447552
Thank you, It is always better to know what to do or not do on a site.
- January 14, 2014 at 1:00 pm #448322
thanks again for the helpful info. pray I will never do anything to ‘go there’
- January 26, 2014 at 1:27 pm #449183Thanks it is always good to know the rules!
- January 27, 2014 at 1:08 am #449267
i dont get all of this on this page either
- January 27, 2014 at 1:13 am #449270FreebieQueenModerator
@rnittygritty 416532 wrote:
i dont get all of this on this page either
It works just like your drivers license, if you get a speeding ticket (an infraction) you get points taken off your license, get too many points against you and they take your license away (except here no one takes your license, they just ban those that cant behave), lol. 😉
- January 27, 2014 at 3:11 am #449283
very good quote and wonderful advice. Thank you
- January 29, 2014 at 7:55 am #449441So glad I took the time to do some reading. Good rules to know about, although I always try to be on my best behavior. 🙂
- February 3, 2014 at 4:42 am #449804
Thanks for the info. Still learning my way around!
- February 12, 2014 at 8:23 pm #450837
Thanks for posting this. I am a newbie and trying to figure everything out.
- March 5, 2014 at 7:21 pm #452035Thanks for these, these post are very helpful for me as a newbie!
- May 6, 2014 at 2:38 am #453406
Wow, this is something I have never seen before. However I have been using this site for about a year without registering, I liked it because 1) useful and practical and 2) polite interactions. Now I know why.
- June 4, 2014 at 7:48 pm #453832
Excited to be learn from Budget101 and be on here 🙂 Thank-you for giveing me the ins and outs!
- June 16, 2014 at 10:46 am #454260Thanks for the guidelines. I promise to mind my manners!
- June 16, 2014 at 7:00 pm #454265
Lots to learn on this site – thanks. K
- June 27, 2014 at 2:11 am #454953
This is always good to know.
- July 8, 2014 at 5:29 pm #455742Jennifer GreenParticipantRead and understood. Am familiar with other kinds of systems similar to this, so it is good to know that this kind of thing is in place here. =)
- July 15, 2014 at 5:05 pm #456134
Thank you for the information..
- July 20, 2014 at 11:12 pm #456397
I appreciate having all this information up front. i am new to this type of environment so hopefully Iwill kéeps out of trouble! Lol
- August 9, 2014 at 12:38 am #457466Good to know! Still learning my way around. I like that you have this posted so in-depth so I can come back and check over.
- August 27, 2014 at 3:25 pm #458196
Nice to know that people are being treated fairly and don’t have to worry about being bombarded with junk they don’t want!
- October 27, 2014 at 4:30 pm #459073
It is good to know the infractions though I don’t plans to commit any of them.
- November 16, 2014 at 1:07 am #459425thanks for the information. Read and understand.
- November 29, 2014 at 7:12 pm #459632
Thank you for the information !!
- January 13, 2015 at 2:20 am #460364
WOW so glad to see this is a no insult zone I am going to take that to also mean no drama zone. Thanks so much. Don’t quite understand some of the things like the privilege to participate in the I trader thing or what bumping is but am glad there are rules and consequences.
- January 18, 2015 at 7:27 am #460435Thanks, Good info to know 🙂
- January 30, 2015 at 12:43 am #460581
Good to know and I like to feel safe. Thank you.
- July 5, 2015 at 11:57 am #461691
I hope to never break any of your rules. Thank you so much for making them clear. May I point out that your last paragraph here needs fixing?It starts out If need feel the need, I think what is meant is that if WE feel the need.
- August 5, 2015 at 6:17 am #461839
:hand-icon:I have been perusing this site for a couple days now, and I’ve found SO many things I hope to try as soon as possible. I haven’t really been an active forum member anywhere for a few years, but I think I will love it here.
- November 5, 2015 at 3:28 am #462431Thank you for the info.I am mostly a lurker looking for ideas and help.I hope this not a problem.I will post when I see another way to do something,or have a different idea using the same materials.
- December 15, 2015 at 8:01 pm #462462
Never heard of board infractions this is a great post to view right away. Thanks
- December 28, 2015 at 8:34 pm #462638
Thank you for posting these, as a new member it’s comforting to know that these guidelines are in place. 🙂 Looking forward to browsing the other boards!
- February 12, 2016 at 10:28 pm #462871Thank you very much for the rules and information and I also hope to not break the rules as I learn my way through this awesome site. Also thank you for the Grammarly 🙂 it is awesome and very helpful.
- August 16, 2016 at 3:54 am #445664
Good to know and I like the policies. I am not fond of sites that allow people to criticize each other endlessly, so I am grateful to be able to relax here.
- August 30, 2016 at 1:29 am #445612
Thank you for the crystal-clear site rules. I am new here, am a recently retired RN who has raised 6 children, have worked in Admin, & believe it’s important to ‘play by the rules’! (Of course, you must know them 1st!) With my newly acquired asset of TIME, I look forward to learning & sharing with everyone here!🤗
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.