- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated September 14, 2009 at 12:05 pm by .
- September 9, 2009 at 5:03 pm #276111
Party time? Jazz up Betty Crocker® potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, then cook and serve these yummy potatoes from a slow cooker.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hour 45 min
Makes: 12 servings (2/3 cup each)
3 cups boiling water
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
1/2 cup sour cream
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups Betty Crocker® Potato Buds® mashed potatoes (dry)
Gravy or chopped fresh parsley, if desired
1. Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix boiling water, milk, butter, sour cream and cream cheese with wire whisk until blended. Add garlic salt, pepper and mashed potatoes (dry); mix just until blended.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring once after 1 hour.
3. Before serving, stir potatoes. Serve immediately, or hold in slow cooker on Low heat setting up to 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. If potatoes become too thick, stir in additional milk, a couple tablespoons at a time. Serve with gravy or sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Stove-Top Directions: In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat water, milk and butter to boiling. Stir in sour cream and cream cheese until blended. Remove from heat. Add garlic salt, pepper and mashed potatoes (dry); whip with fork just until moistened. If potatoes become to thick, stir in additional milk, a couple tablespoons at a time.
Special Touch: Add your own special touch to delicious potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives, canned French-fried onions or fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
1 Serving: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g
- September 14, 2009 at 12:05 pm #424929
Sounds good. Glad that u put 2 different cooking options. will try for sure. Thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.