- October 13, 2008 at 10:21 pm #264580mommydarkParticipant
I made this tonight, and it was delicious and easy! It was a modification from Cooking Light’s Two Potato Mash.
2 lbs sweet potatoes
1 lb golden or baking potatoes
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1/4 cup packed brown light sugar
2T – 1/4 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1-2 cups fat free milk
1. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork and wrap in plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes.
Unwrap and set aside.
2. While sweet potatoes are microwaving, peel & cut baking potatoes into chunks. Put in pot of salted water and boil until tender.
3. Peel and mash sweet potatoes.
4. Add boiled potatoes to sweet potatoes.
Mash it all together.
5. With masher or hand held blender, add sour cream through pepper. Add enough milk to make it your favorite mashed potato consistency.
I served this with sausages & oven baked green beans (beans were tossed w/olive oil & seasonings) & it was a great fall dinner!
- October 14, 2008 at 10:33 am #400480
Thanks for the recipe! Sounds yummy!!! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.