Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Two Person Two-Layer Mac & Jalapeo CheeseBurger Casserole

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I got this recipe from a friend and tailored it for two:

1/2 packet Chipotle Taco seasoning
      1/2 pound hamburger
      1 jalapeno pepper
      1/2 cup green, red, yellow chopped peppers
      1 cup 12 oz container sour cream
      1/2 12 oz can diced tomatoes
      1 box Spiral Mac & Cheese
      1/2 bag four cheese shredded cheese
      1 can Jalapeno Pringles.

Cook Mac & Cheese as directed, stopping just a bit short of noodles being cooked completely.

While Mac & Cheese is cooking, put hamburger in pan, using taco seasoning directly on the meat. Brown until done.

Once both are done, put mac & cheese in two bowls. In one bowl, mix in sour cream and tomatoes. In the other mix in hamburger and peppers.

Pour one of the bowls in the bottom of a casserole pan. Pour the other on top. Add cheese to top.

Crush all potato chips and layer on top.

Cook at 400 until cheese bubbles!

ENJOY!!! Have milk handy.

ShellVera777,

This sounds really good.

Wow, this sounds so good. Thanks for the post. Luckily, there is a coupon in paper today for $ 1 off a can of Pringles

Wow, this sounds so good. Thanks for the post. Luckily, there is a coupon in paper today for $ 1 off a can of Pringles

This sounds very good thank you. I just made some chipotle powder last week with some of the jalapenos from the garden I never thought to add it to my taco seasoning. Great idea.

Participant

This sounds like an excellent meal. but since i have an aversion to using processed products (no offense, just a personal preference), i’ll have to experiment…
      i do love the recipe — spicey, cheesy, casserole…who could ask for more! lol!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Two Person Two-Layer Mac & Jalapeo CheeseBurger Casserole