- This topic is empty.
- March 13, 2021 at 10:31 am #596880
Turkey Taco Soup
1 tbs canola oil
1 red onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbs chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
14 1/2-oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
15-oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup packed shredded cooked turkey
3 cups turkey or chicken broth
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 avocado, diced
Optional: chips and sour cream, for serving
- Preheat a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the oil, followed by the onion. Sauté for 2 min.
- Add the bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Sauté for 2 more min.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add the tomatoes and juice, pinto beans, turkey and broth, and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, for 10 min.
- Serve topped with diced avocado or a dollop of sour cream and tortilla chips. Serves 3-4
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.