Tuna Salad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been reading a book about combining certain foods for their nutritional value to gain, lose, or maintain weight. One of the recommended meals was to steam sardines (in olive oil) over basted eggs. I know that not everyone is a fan of sardines, so I did some research and came up with something that has all of the nutritional qualities and then some that may be more palatble to many of you.
      Tuna Salad
      6 to 7 ounces white tuna, drained
      1 rib celery, finely chopped
      1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
      3 tbs mayonnaise
      1 tbs finely chopped dill pickle
      salt and pepper, to taste
      1 to 2 tbs grated or finely chopped onion, optional
      Combine all ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add a little grated or finely chopped onion. Spread on lettuce-lined toasted bread or fill rolls and garnish with sliced tomato. Serves 3 to 4.
      This has the same nutritional value as her breakfast plus the value of a whole grain (You Do Use Whole Grain Bread, RIGHT?!!)
      Note: I must confess that I have actually scooped a spoon or two of fabulous tuna salad the day after that I made it…before I had coffee! LOL!
      Note II: This same book recommends three soft fried eggs served over a bed of lettuce with your favorite vinagrette and seasonings for lunch! It looks like I’m not the only crazy person for serving off-the-wall foods for any meal! LOL!
      eat-1  smilie

wow. I like it too, it is super nice that and a healthy food…………

YAY! There’s someone else that eats off-the-wall breakfasts! I know that most people think of sardines as a snack with crackers or tuna salad as lunch and would never think of eggs over lettuce as lunch. BUT…sardines scrambled with eggs are fabulous as are eggs over lettuce…AND…the tuna salad recipe above is great as is or in a wrap. Bottom line is that all are super good for you, whether you are just trying to eat healthier or lose weight! LOL!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.