Tuna Casserole with Macaroni

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Tuna Casserole with Macaroni

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Ever had breakfast for dinner? Ever eat pizza — hot or cold — for breakfast? Want to really shake up things for your family and make them think…what’s this?!!

When DD was in a rut, I’d shake things up for her and serve one of her favorite dinner meals for breakfast:
      Tuna Casserole with Macaroni
      1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked until just tender and drained
      1/2 cup chopped onion
      1/4 cup chopped green pepper
      1 cup milk
      1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
      2 tbs butter
      2 tbs flour
      1/4 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
      1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
      1 can flaked white tuna, drained
      3 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
      salt and pepper, to taste
      buttered bread crumbs, French-fried onion rings or other topping
      Put butter in a large skillet over medium heat.

Add onions and peppers. Cook until onions are softened. Add flour, milk and soup.

Stir until thickened. Add pimiento, vegetables, tuna, mixed vegetables, chopped eggs, and cooked macaroni. Taste and add salt and pepper.

Place in a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole or baking dish. Cover with crumbs or other topping and bake in 350° oven for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned. Serves 4 to 6.
      Note: if this is too much for you in the morning, prepare the night before and bake an extra 15 minutes.

or make for dinner one night and serve for breakfast a day or two later! dd was always tickled when i made ‘unusual’ breakfasts! she kinda anticipated what might be in her lunch bag and what i might throw together for dinner, but she always looked forward to what i was gonna throw at her for breakfast!

(this was a technique i developed as getting her out of bed was a serious problem. i knew that food would motivate her, so i started doing things really out of the ordinary! lol!

all i can say is that it worked! and her personal favorite breakfast today, as an adult, is: eggs over-easy, with sautéed kale and sweet potatoes;-d)
      smiley-eatdrink013 smilie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Tuna Casserole with Macaroni