This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AngryLioness July 13, 2013 at 1:14 pm.

• Author

My youngest son was born early, he was too small to be able to latch, so I’ve been pumping and feeding him with a bottle. I returned back to work 3 weeks ago and my supply has decreased from 6oz every 3 hours to about 2oz! We’ve already had to thaw most of what I had frozen and I’m not producing enough for each day.

I’m not ready to stop giving him breastmilk yet, any suggestions on how to reestablish my supply?

FreebieQueen

Yes there are a number of herbs (galactagogues) that increase breast milk supply safely and effectively.

Fenugreek: capsules should be taken 3x’s per day
    Blessed Thistle: should be taken WITH Fenugreek

If you are pumping, you must pump at least 8 to 12 times per day to increase flow.
    Massage your breast in quadrants while you’re pumping.
    Avoid long stretches of uninterrupted vacuum

There is a FABULOUS book Called Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year that explains a number of solutions to the issue you’re experiencing. Including other herb combinations to take to increase flow. Your local library may have a copy of it, if not, it’s well worth the $8 online.

Congrats on your new baby!

Thank you so much! Hopefully those work!

hrahn918;295422 wrote:
    Thank you so much! Hopefully those work!

How are things going? Are you still nursing successfully?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register