Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Traveling without credit cards

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been reading this thread with great interest. I have found that: #1 Anytime you use a card as Debit and enter a PIN the funds are immediately withdrawn from your account, there is only an authorization and funds transfer. #2 Credit card purchases seldom are more than an authorization and funds hold until completion. #3 Some motels and gas stations do place a seperate authorization and hold on funds and then at completion get a second authorization which will hold funds in limbo for 5 – 7 days. Hess and Valero gas stations are notorious for this as are La Quenta motels. One exception is if you use your card as debit at Hess and enter a PIN they won’t hold extra funds. Alway ask when booking lodging. They will tell you up front how much will be held. HTH Bubba
      mem68 wrote: Save A Lot does not put a hold on mine either in tn.

Quote:
      Original Message
      From: Mike Hurst To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:53 PM Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: Traveling without credit cards
      I don’t know where you are from, but Kroger doesn’t put a hold
      on my card here.

Mike

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. [/url] “] Try it now.[/url]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Traveling without credit cards