- This topic has 16 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated March 28, 2008 at 3:39 pm by .
- March 28, 2008 at 3:39 pm #256985
We always used the Fold and Go type
playpens as beds. They are easy to transport and safe for toddlers not quite
ready for a real bed, especially in a strange location. If you don’t want
to buy one new, you can probably get one on Freecycle or borrow one from a
friend for the times you need it.
From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pseuzanne
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 11:40
Subject: Budget101.com : Travel
bed for toddler
My daughter is 2.5, and still sleeps in a crib. I will
transitioning her into a “big girl bed” in a couple months. I’m
wondering about sleeping accomodations for a few situations we have
– tent camping (just her and I in the tent)
– sleeping at a hotel
– sleeping at my aunt’s house where there is an extra bed
– she will also be staying in my bedroom with me for a few nights
this summer, due to company coming
I’ve seen travel beds for toddlers that are basically air mattresses
with sides, but they run about $70. What else can she sleep on when
we’re in the tent or my bedroom?
For the hotel and my aunt’s house, of course there will be a bed. But
as she will be new to sleeping in a regular bed, I would worry about
her falling out, and might bring guard rails with me.
Any ideas for what would be convenient and not too expensive for
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.