Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Tomato Plants From Stem Cuttings

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

just a note POST Removed due to complaints, as it violates Copyright.

I just did this last week by accident. I was trying to move a branch to better secure it and it broke. I was busy working so I don’t know what prompted me to poke a hole in the soil of a pot next to me, but I did and stuck the broken branch in to the hole and then forgot about it until about 2 days later and I noticed it had not wilted.

I watered it along with my other plants and I now have a whole new tomato plant growing with flowers on it.

Thank you JoAnn, this is great information to know. I’ve accidently broken stems off of my tomato plants before. Now I know what to do with them.

mcnerd,
      I did about the same thing–

Quote:
      i was trying to move a branch to better secure it and it broke

but put the branches off to the side for the compost pile–and the neighbor told me about the whole process. i’ll take cutting from house plants and start them in a cup of water–but never thought about the garden plants, starting them in soil from broken stems or branches..all in all i have 3 extra tomato plants :bounce: I guess some accidents do happen for reasons..

Tonia,
      You are very welcome.. I had to share this one–reminds me that I do learn something new everyday..

Hello,

I’ve tried to contact you via email about this information, but had no luck.

Unfortunately, this article was lifted from my page on Vegetable Gardener dot com (see link below). I make my living from these articles and I don’t know if you’re aware that it’s illegal to take articles from other sites without the copyright owner’s permission. It’s okay to post a couple of sentences and then link back to the original article, however.

Please remove the content.

link removed due to threats to site.

thanks,

chris mclaughlin
      duchessofdirt@yahoo.com

Well, JoAnn, if I had posted enough I would also send you a thank you for this post.
      I wonder if it would work for other plants – like peppers.
      My mind is whirling about thinking about why this is good to know and what can be done with it.
      #1 – the obvious – doing exactly what you did – fixing an accident.
      #2 – what if you have a really rare, hard to get, or expensive plant? Instead of paying big bucks for more, if even possible to get, break a couple stems off and get a few more plants.
      #3 – extend the time of getting fruit from determinate plants. If you have a favorite tomato that is a determinate variety, you could plant 5 (or how ever many) and a few weeks later break off a stem and root it, then again in a few weeks.
      #4 – if you find a plant that you just have to have, and it’s too expensive or there is only one, buy it and take it home and disassemble it and have several from one.
      hmmmmmm…..thinking here.
      i like this info!!!!!!
      thanks,
      carol b

Stolen Content

I have tried to contact you through email as well as leaving a comment on your site about this subject. Apparently, I’m being ignored.

The article you have posted about tomato plant cuttings was written by me and lifted from my page Site Removed .com
      link removed, offending content removed.

this material is copyrighted by me and it needs to be removed immediately. clearly, you realize by now that this is illegal for you to do and my next course of action will be to petition your server to take down your entire website as well as inform google to longer allow you to use adsense on your site.

if you think this can’t happen, trust me, i’ve done it before and i’ll not hesitate to do so again.

chris mclaughlin
      duchessofdirt@yahoo.com

@Chris Mac 121278 wrote:

Stolen Content

I have tried to contact you through email as well as leaving a comment on your site about this subject. Apparently, I’m being ignored.

This is a Family Owned and operated site; We don’t ignore users, we have a form on the site to report content as well as report buttons on each and every post for people to report any offending content.
      Unfortunately, you neglected to use these forms, so until you posted a Help Ticket, we were not aware there was an issue.

It’s sad that you felt the need to threaten our family site that has been helping people for over 10 years.
      In any case, the offending post has been removed, a note was sent to the member who made the mistake of sharing it.

Matter Resolved, Have a Nice Day.

@Chris Mac 121278 wrote:

Stolen Content

This material is copyrighted by me and it needs to be removed immediately. Clearly, you realize by now that this is illegal for you to do and my next course of action will be to petition your server to take down your entire website as well as inform Google to longer allow you to use Adsense on your site.

If you think this can’t happen, trust me, I’ve done it before and I’ll not hesitate to do so again.

Chris McLaughlin
      duchessofdirt@yahoo.com

Seriously, what an @ss-hole. The moderators on this site respond very quickly to the reports. If you were really worried about this you would have reported the post!

:074: Liss posted step by step directions- with photos, i’m sure you could have figured it out if you tried.

liss- now i understand why you disappear from the site now and then.

Chris McLaughlin

You stated in the above post

Quote:
      i’ve tried to contact you via email about this information, but had no luck.

please be aware i have not received any e-mails from you….
      and please understand as i stated above where i got this information

Quote:
      and the neighbor told me about the whole process.

he explained the process to me and then we went into my home and he sent me the information to my e-mail, so that i could go back and reread the whole process. so that being said—yes maybe i should of asked where he got this printed material from..

i meant no harm, i was just sharing contents from a friend to other friends. — i’m not one to steal someone else s material.. i’m a very giving and understanding person..your information was very useful to me and so many more..

i do hope you take the time and try to e-mail or pm again..
      just click on my icon and you can leave me a message there…
      chris please take into your hands my sincere apologizes.

Well the way I see it is, if this Chris person really wrote this, then he/she should feel good that someone noticed what he/she wrote. No one on this site does things to upset others on purpose. This is a family site where others share information to help someone else.

Hmmm honestly If I share info from a blogg or site I leave the authour and site address or at least try to. If this guy really wrote this then all he needed was the address added. Then some of us would visit his site.

Its would be free advertisement.

Also you can repost useing your own words if you like. I just did a web search nad came up with about a hundred sites with the process posted. Its obviously not patented.

Please let me clear some things up & please accept my apologies to everyone here and Liss…
      I did apologize to Chris, for the mistake. She graciously accepted my apologies. (I sent here personal e-mails explaining what had happen).

I hope that this ends this conversation here, and I know from Chris’s end she is straight now with everything.. I believe I have a new e-mail friend from all this…

Quote:
      then he/she should feel good that someone noticed what he/she wrote

i believe chris does feel good that she was noticed .. but as you said rering

Quote:
      also you can repost useing your own words if you like.

she even said the exact same thing in her e-mail to me..

chris and all the writers out here are all wonderful writers… and this is there lively hood…they do a lot research for these types of articles — and when someone takes their page or pages they write for — then there is a problem…
      when my dear neighbor gets back from vacation, i’ll ask where exactly this article came from.. but then again with that being said, i should of put everything in my own words even from the neighbor..
      a lesson learn t here.

Very well put JoAnn. So glad that everything worked out the way it did. Funny how we end up finding new friends, isn’t it?

Another adventure with a happy ending. 🙂

Awsome! Glad to hear things worked out!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Tomato Plants From Stem Cuttings