Tomato Paste

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Tomato Paste
      Pour a can (8 or 15 ounces) of tomato sauce into a saucepan and bring it to a brisk simmer over medium heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, for about 7 minutes, or until reduced by about two-thirds. You should have about 3 to 4 ounces of tomato paste from an 8 ounce can, or about 6 or 7 ounces from a 15-ounce can.
      showered with love

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / margo555

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

If you are looking for the From Scratch Version, rather than the from can version, it is located here:

Budget101.com – – MYO Tomato Paste From Scratch | Make Your Own

Especially if you have a bumper crop in the garden, eh? giggle smiley

I recently opened up a large can of tomato paste on accident, thinking it was crushed toms. Grr, luckily I remembered that you can freeze it in an ice-cube tray. I had heard about people doing this, but had never done it myself. I was quite surprised how much I like the fact that the size of the Ice-cube is about a Tbsp and a half.

Perfect for when you need a little and not a whole can! And easy to pop in more than one when needed from the freezer. I let them set for a day then popped them out quite easily, that surprised me too!

(I used a butter knife to pop them out, because they wont pop out like ice does, but they do come out very nicely!)

Clever idea! I’ve heard of it, too, but never tried it. Usually, when I’m making a recipe that only calls for a small amount of tomato paste, I prepare other recipes that require small amounts;-D

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.