- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated February 1, 2014 at 12:38 pm by .
- February 1, 2014 at 12:20 am #337958
This is about as cheap and STILL healthy as you can get
Tomato and Cabbage Bisque
3 cups shredded cabbage
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2-10 oz cans condensed tomato bisque soup
1 cup whole milk
3 oz pkg cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In heavy saucepan, sautee cabbage, onion and garlic in olive oil and butter until tender, stirring frequently.
Add tomato sauce, condensed soup, milk, and cream cheese, stirring well. Cook until hot but don’t boil. About 5-6 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese and serve. If you can’t find tomato bisque soup, using ordinary tomato soup along with 1/4 of heavy cream will work just fine.
- February 1, 2014 at 1:24 am #449669
How many servings roughly does this make? And will it freeze well?
- February 1, 2014 at 12:38 pm #449680
This will make 4-6 servings dependent on whether you serve it with a side dish like salad or with crusty rolls or bread.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.