Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes to die for pot roast

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

3 lb chuck roast
      1 pgk hidden valley ranch (I used the buttermilk ranch)
      1 pkg brown gravy mix
      1 pkg italian dressing mix
      1/2 c water ( I used 2 cups because I left it on over night and we like a lot of gravy)

Put roast in crock pot ( you do not have to brown it but you can I didn’t)
      mix ranch,gravy, and italian dressing in water and pour over roast. cook on low for 6-8 hrs or hight 4-6 hours

The next night I put the roast and the gravy in a sauce pan and added a packet of gravy mix and let it thicken and served it over toast.

You can chill the gravy and then take the fat off of it since the chuck roast has a lot of fat. I didn’t and it was really good. Probably not good for you but it tasted really good.

Thanks! This looks really delicious!!!! : )

I have added italian dressing but never thought about ranch, sounds great and I can’t wait to try this.
      Thanks,
      kim

Unfortunatly tastes good is usually not good for you 🙁

We have made this recipe several times & not only is it good, the smell whiile it is cooking drives me nuts! Once in a while DH adrds a little burgandy to it. Good!

This recipe sounds so good. And with ranch dressing yum. I to love the smell in the house of roast cooking.

I have this recipe in the crockpot as I type. We left the house for an appt. and could smell it before we even opened the door.

Oh! Yummmmmmy! I can’t wait for supper!

Thanks,
      Debbie

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes to die for pot roast