- This topic is empty.
- March 16, 2021 at 8:40 am #596894
For the Cake:
1 prepared angel food cake
3/4 cup strong black coffee, room temperature
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
For the Filling:
8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tbs coffee liqueur
For the Frosting:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbs instant espresso or coffee powder
8-oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
For the Drizzle:
1/4 cup fudge ice cream topping
1 tbs coffee liqueur
1. Using a serrated knife, cut the angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place the bottom cake layer on a serving platter. Set other layers aside on a flat work surface.
2. In a small bowl, combine the coffee and 1/4 cup of the coffee liqueur.
3. With a long-tined fork or skewers, poke holes all over on all three layers.
4. Drizzle mixture evenly over the tops of all three layers to soak mixture into holes.
5. Make the filling: In bowl of electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and coffee liqueur until blended and smooth.
6. Spread bottom cake layer with half of the filling mixture.
7. Place a second cake layer on top of first layer and spread the top with remaining filling.
8. Place the third cake layer on top of second cake layer. Make the Frosting: In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar with the instant espresso or coffee powder.
9. Fold mixture into the thawed whipped topping just until blended.
10. Frost the entire cake with the whipped topping mixture. Chill cake for at least 2 hours.
11. Before serving, stir together the fudge ice cream topping and coffee liqueur. Drizzle over chilled cake.
12. Cut cake using a serrated knife and serve. Serves 16
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.