Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Tips-n-tricks- Pizza Maestro!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I love making homemade pizza but usually if I make one it’s because there’s going to be a big group of us together. I don’t like to cut normal slices because most of my friends would rather cut their own. I found this awesome pizza cutter online on amazon and it’s perfect for cutting and serving!

It’s a pizza Cutter & serving spatula all in one!! Now that’s what I call a Pizza Maestro! They’re about $11 on Amazon here

source: Pizza Scissors – Imgur

Pizza Dough Tips and Secrets

In all seriousness though, if you’re making homemade pizza and you’re using a pizza stone, when you preheat the oven, preheat the stone too.

Cook the pizza on a very high temperature (500F-525F) for about 8 minutes. They cook fast with perfect browning on the top and a fully cooked crust (not raw in the middle!)

Always cook the pizza on the middle rack in the oven, again for even-ness.

Prefer a Crispier crust? The stickier the dough, the crispier the crust will be. If you prefer a chewy crust, the drier the dough, the chewier it will be.

Go easy on the toppings for a perfect pizza, seriously.

Perfect Pizza Sauce

1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes (strained)
      1 clove garlic
      ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
      Red pepper flakes, to taste
      ½ teaspoon dried oregano, if you like really zesty sauces

Thoroughly strain the tomatoes in a colander set over a bowl, gently pressing with a fork to drain more liquid. Save the juices for tomato soup, chili, or a Bloody Mary 😉

Transfer the tomatoes to a blender, then add remaining ingredients to the tomatoes. Blend well. If the sauce tastes too acidic, add a pinch of sugar.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Thanks for sharing your pizza sauce recipe, we tried it last night and it was a HIT! Great sauce!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks Tips-n-tricks- Pizza Maestro!