- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated January 4, 2010 at 7:01 am by .
- January 4, 2010 at 7:01 am #280056
Did you make it through the Wednesday Workout? Thursdays workout might seem a little daunting if you’re first starting out. You could go with fewer repetitions or lighter weights, whatever works for you.
A few things to note, While this workout calls for a dumbbell “bench” press, I do not have a weight bench. Necessity is the mother of all invention, as they say, so I have a tendency to use whatever is available.
Some days it’s our el’ cheapo ottoman, which is about the right length and size, other days (don’t tell my mother) I use a cedar hopechest that I have in my bedroom. The point is, you don’t have to have expensive gym equipment to get the job done, just a touch of creativity.
- Dumbbell Bench Press 8-12-12 Reps
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises – 12, 10, 8 Reps
- Front Dumbbell Raise – 12, 10, 8 Reps
- Dead Lifts 8-10-8
- Shoulder Shrugs – 30-30-30 R Reps ABS
- Leg Raises – 12-12-12 Reps
- Side Bridge—10-12-12 Reps
- Seated Leg Pull-ins 12-12-12 Reps
- Crunches 15-15-12 Reps
- Bent Knee Hip Raise 8-10-12
- Dumbbell Side Bend 8-10-12
If you’d like to track your workout progress, download and print our Free Thursday Workout Log Please keep in mind that I designed this particular workout to fit my needs, personally. After having babies, I couldn’t stand the post-baby flab pouch that seems to appear without invitation. In my opinion, pouches are for Kangaroos & pool tables, not moms.
You’ll see, in future workouts, that I work my abdominal muscles 3x’s per week. Also, I tend to work my arms a bit harder than some ladies because dh is a Contractor. I am often his right hand woman, so to speak. If he’s on a jobsite and needs help standing a wall, running bundles of shingles up a ladder, etc, I am often the one on call for that job. Some ladies are afraid if they workout using weights that they will “Bulk up” like a man.
This is a Myth.
Rest assured, although you will develop a toned body, you will NOT take on a mans appearance.
Until next time!
If you’re coming into this series a little late, here’s what you’ve missed so far:
1. My original Post with Before & After Photos
2. Monday- arms!
3. Tuesdays Workout – Legs & Abs
4. Wednesdays Workout – Rear End!
5. Thursdays Workout- Shoulders, Traps & Abs
6. Friday’s Workout- back, hamstrings
7. The Weekend Workout
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.