- May 3, 2009 at 3:13 pm #273052mosParticipant
three-grain pancakes with berry topping:idea:
pancakes: 2 egg whites
2 tbs oil
3 tbs honey
1 cup skim milk
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup cornmeal
3 tsp baking powder
topping: 1 1/2 tbs cornstarch
2 tbs honey
2 tbs water
2 cups unsweetened berries
1. combine egg whites, oil, honey and milk.
2. in another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. let batter rest for 5 MIN.
3. for topping: mix constrach, honey and water in a small saucepan.
add 1/2 cup berries. heat until mixture thickens slightly. stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups fruit.
drop pancake batter by tablespoonfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle. cook until bubbles begin to form around edges of each pancake.
5.0FLIP and cook 1 TO 2 min. serve hot, topping each serving with 2 tablespoons berry topping and butter.
serves 8 = ABOUT 210 CALORIES
- May 4, 2009 at 1:06 pm #420833
Sounds good. Love the berry topping recipe. Thanks for sharing.
- January 15, 2010 at 2:02 am #427163
Can I use corn flour instead of corn meal?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.