- August 8, 2008 at 9:21 pm #261384
— In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, “channold2006”
> I was considering to start watching kids at night to supplement my
> income ( I am a sub teacher and dont work everyday). My questions
> below for comment…
> 1. Do I have to report this as income to the goverment?
> 2. Anyone know of any good resources to get started i.e. toys etc?
> Any suggestions are welcome as well as comments.
Yes you do have to report, but here is what you can claim for KS
l. utilities cable, phone if used for daycare
2. cleaning supplies, anything bought for daycare
4. gas, tags, insurance for car (if you transport)
5. house taxes, rent, insurance
They take a percentage of these and give you a credit. You can also
enroll in the state food program and they pay you for feeding the
kids and if your income qualifies they will also pay you for your
children (if you have any.)
Toys- garage sales, thrift stores, freecycle
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.