- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated October 26, 2009 at 7:36 pm by .
- October 26, 2009 at 7:36 pm #277811
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Food color, if desired
Betty Crocker® colored gels, sprinkles and sugars, if desired
1. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into roll, about 2 inches in diameter and about 8 inches long. Wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
3. Heat oven to 375ºF. Cut rolls into 1/8-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the food color until smooth and spreadable. Frost cookies and decorate with colored gels, sprinkles and sugars.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.