- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 21, 2008 at 12:18 pm by .
- December 21, 2008 at 12:18 pm #268044
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows – OR – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies®
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Remove from heat.
2. Add kellogg’s rice krispies cereal. stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
in microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg’s has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.