Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks The Hidden Secret Behind the The Bottom color on the Toothpaste tube

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Have you ever noticed the colored strip on the bottom of the toothpaste tube and wondered what that colored strip means??

Here’s what they mean:

Green: All Natural
      Blue: Natural + Medicines
      Red: Natural + Chemicals
      Black: All Chemicals

Now you can make an informed decision before subjecting your teeth and gums to a tube of crap!

Here’s an example- on the back of the Aquafresh the color is : Blue

The ingredients are: Active Ingredients: Sodium Fluoride (0.15% w/v Fluoride Ion). Purpose: Anticavity. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Glycerin, PEG-8, Flavor, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Titanium Dioxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Saccharin, Iron Oxide, Red 30

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Sorry Krampus, I normally appreciate your posts and I hate to be the bearer of crappy news, but this one isn’t true. The colored squares are actually eye marks, which are marks used during the manufacturing process to tell the machine WHERE to cut so it doesn’t ruin the packaging.

The colors are just indicators for different types of sensors.

The best thing you can do to check the ingredients is just to read the label, besides the toothpaste comes In a Box anyway and you can’t exactly open it in the store to see the color on the tube. I dont know

@BaconEater 987821 wrote:

Sorry Krampus, I normally appreciate your posts and I hate to be the bearer of crappy news, but this one isn’t true. The colored squares are actually eye marks, which are marks used during the manufacturing process to tell the machine where to cut so it doesn’t ruin the packaging.

shame smilie aw crap, sorry! that one showed in my feed the other day and i thought it was interesting. i was so busy grabbing my toothpaste and reading the ingredients that i didn’t even think to verify it first.

my bad. apologies all! :kleenex:

Don’t beat yourself up Krampus, we’ve all read something on the net and shared it without confirming it. Thanks baconeater for clearing that up tho! You learn something new everyday!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Tips-n-Tricks The Hidden Secret Behind the The Bottom color on the Toothpaste tube