- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated January 5, 2017 at 1:05 am by .
- July 31, 2016 at 10:52 am #327592BellyJean
Do Nothing Cake – this awesome cake takes next to no effort to make. It’s probably the easiest homemade cake ever. The cake is nice and tender and I shudder to say it but moist. The best part is that it’s a real crowd pleaser with no real effort. It’s easier than a boxed cake really.
The Do Nothing Cake
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
16 ounces crushed pineapple, undrainedCombine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and transfer to a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes
Make the icing while it’s baking:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 cup coconut
1 cup nuts
1 teaspoon vanillaIn a small saucepan combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk together and cook over medium heat until a little thickened.
Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
Pour over hot cake.Photo Cred: Food.com/Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- July 31, 2016 at 2:22 pm #445769FreebieQueen
That cake looks incredibly delicious and I cannot wait to give it a try. I absolutely love pineapple cake and this sounds amazing. I’m thinking of adding a touch of cinnamon and cloves to it, but feel like I should try it without the added ingredients first.
Since it’s just the two of us this week, I’m going to half the recipe and use an 8″ round pan instead.
- January 4, 2017 at 2:16 am #463423sylkenThis is easy and moist. Another is just take a boxed yellow cake and add a can of crushed pineapple. Bake as directed on box. It’s so simple, moist, and delicious!
- January 5, 2017 at 1:05 am #463430mos
You had me at pineapple…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.