The Do Nothing Cake

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes The Do Nothing Cake

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BellyJean

Do Nothing Cake – this awesome cake takes next to no effort to make. It’s probably the easiest homemade cake ever. The cake is nice and tender and I shudder to say it but moist.  The best part is that it’s a real crowd pleaser with no real effort. It’s easier than a boxed cake really.

The Do Nothing Cake

2 cups sugar
      2 cups flour
      2 eggs
      1 teaspoon baking soda
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      16 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and transfer to a lightly greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes

Make the icing while it’s baking:

Icing:
      1/2 cup butter
      1 cup sugar
      3/4 cup evaporated milk
      1 cup coconut
      1 cup nuts
      1 teaspoon vanilla

In a small saucepan combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk together and cook over medium heat until a little thickened.

Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.

Pour over hot cake.

Photo Cred: Food.com/Marg (CaymanDesigns)

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      FreebieQueen

That cake looks incredibly delicious and I cannot wait to give it a try. I absolutely love pineapple cake and this sounds amazing. I’m thinking of adding a touch of cinnamon and cloves to it, but feel like I should try it without the added ingredients first.

Since it’s just the two of us this week, I’m going to half the recipe and use an 8″ round pan instead.

sylken

This is easy and moist. Another is just take a boxed yellow cake and add a can of crushed pineapple. Bake as directed on box. It’s so simple, moist, and delicious!

mos

You had me at pineapple…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes The Do Nothing Cake