- This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated November 25, 2008 at 11:17 pm by .
- November 3, 2008 at 10:27 pm #265884
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving idea that would be great for making with the kids. Its pretty simple and could be a great Thanksgiving family tradition every year.
A Thanksgiving table runner made by your family would add that special touch to your table this year….and every year to come. Find an inexpensive plain table runner (I’m sure the $1 Store would have one). Then cut out leaves from felt or your favorite fabric. Have each child write something they are thankful for on each leaf with a fabric pen. Then attach it to the table runner. Depending on how crafty you are you could use the good ole glue gun or the sewing machine to attach them. It would be fun to use the same table runner every year and have your children and yourselves add something every year. Imagine when they are older and look back at what they wrote when they were 4. It could provide dinner amusement and great conversation starters!
- November 4, 2008 at 2:43 am #402560
Lynn, the table runner is a good idea for Thanksgiving. A nice tradition to have.
- November 4, 2008 at 2:22 pm #402626
Great idea! Very creative & something to do with the kids! 🙂
- November 4, 2008 at 2:42 pm #402629
This is something the kids love to do!!!
- November 4, 2008 at 3:15 pm #402649
This is really a wonderful idea I love new traditions !!!
- November 4, 2008 at 3:19 pm #402652
I hope your kids enjoy this too!!!
- November 4, 2008 at 6:46 pm #402693
What a creative idea! This would be a great tradition to start. Thanks so much
- November 4, 2008 at 9:16 pm #402703
Your welcome, the kids and I try new things each year….. 🙂
- November 25, 2008 at 11:17 pm #404398
Got my Tablerunner ready!! I cant believe it two days away!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.