Thanksgiving Question: Whats your favorite Side dish?

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Question: Whats your favorite Side dish?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and I really love to make a bunch of different side dishes. Some of my favorites are my grandmas cranberry orange relish, watergate salad, and bite-sized pies (my new favorite from last year!)

What are your favorite side dishes?

I love all my sides, but my favorite side is green bean casserole. you can play around with it, and still not mess it up. i never have the same receipt twice.

i stick to the basics string green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions. but i always change it up on things that i add.

My favorite side dish is Watergate Salad: dry mix pistachio pudding, canned crushed pineapple, Cool Whip and pecans. Oh, and mini marshmallows, too. Yum.

i just lllooovvveeeeee creamy mashed potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say my favorite is stuffing. It is the best!

Home made bacon bread stuffing .
      Made with bacon
      Onions
      bread and spices.

The first side dish that disappears from my Thanksgiving table is my Sweet Potatoes. 2 years ago I had fresh sweet potatoes peeled with real butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, so I thought it was cinnamon lol it was paprika oops! I then added the cinnamon when I realized my mistake.

I baked it in a covered dish for an hour an a half on 350. Every one Loved my mistake! They now ask if I’m going to add the paprika!

The stuffing has always been our favorite!

I love greenbean cassarole!

Corn Casserole with Jiffy corn bread mix, whole kernel corn, cream style corn, cream cheese and butter. This year I am going to add some chopped up jalapeno to give it an extra kick. Oh yea and extra sharp cheddar on top.

YUM.

Well, my favourite side dish has to be the stuffing made with bread crumbs, onion, celery, stock and poultry seasoning…it reminds me so much of my family as they are all still in the US and I’m in Scotland. Hubby, who’s British, likes that I still insist on celebrating thanksgiving over here but his favourite is the fresh cranberry orange relish I make, and he would boycott thanksgiving dinner if I didn’t make it. But what’s funny is its the easiest of my side dishes to prepare…a large bag of whole cranberries (fresh or frozen), 2 large navel oranges, skin on, and 2-3 cups of sugar, depending on how tart or sweet you like it.

Quarter the oranges, throw in food processor along with the cranberries and blitz til you have small even sized pieces, transfer to a bowl, add the sugar,mix well, cover and set aside til you’re ready for it. Takes longer to wash the fruit than to make the relish. The leftovers are great on a turkey sandwich.

And if you’re feeling in the mood, the following day, you could add some water to the relish, Cook overall medium heat til thick and syrupy and you have an easy conserve or even a fruity syrup for pancakes. And it’s great as a fruit topping on panacotta or even over ice cream.

My favorite Thanksgiving side is a toss up! I love the stuffing and I love the green bean casserole! (I usually put a little cranberry sauce on my stuffing too 😉

Hmmmm…Stuffing and green bean casserole is a tie at my house! I even like to top the stuffing on my plate with a little cranberry sauce! Yummy!

Hurry turkey day! 😉

Completely in love with Campbells green bean casserole recipe. Extra peppery and extra French fried onions.

Also love home made mashed potatoes with added cream cheese.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Question: Whats your favorite Side dish?