- This topic is empty.
- January 8, 2019 at 3:10 pm #395396Liss
If you love the taste of TGI Friday’s Dragonfire chicken, you’ll appreciate this easy Copycat marinade.
We’ve found that it imparts the perfect amount of spice to chicken or fish (particularly salmon!)3 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp Lime juice
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Onion, diced
Salt- to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a blender or hand-chopper and blend. Pour mixture over chicken breasts or salmon and marinate an hour or so before grilling.
Pineapple Pico De Gallo
1/2 cup Pineapple, finely chopped canned or fresh
2 Tomatoes, finely diced
1/2 cup Red onion, finely diced
2 tbsp Cilantro, minced
2 tbsp Jalapeno, minced
1 tbsp Lime juice
Salt- to tasteCombine all the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
Kung Pow Sauce
¼ cup Water
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
½ cup Dark Brown sugar
4 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Chili sauce
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Ginger, mincedCombine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
When the sauce begins to boil, lower the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
When the sauce thickens, remove from the heat, strain the sauce to discard the ginger/garlic.
Marinade the chicken/fish, grill on both sides until cooked to your preference, top with a drizzle of kung pow sauce and a scoop of pineapple pico.
- January 8, 2019 at 9:31 pm #465196mos
Ooooo, Liss, these sound fabulous! The TGIF closed down a couple of years ago and so haven’t been to one for a while These sound so good!
- January 9, 2019 at 1:30 pm #465197
- January 11, 2019 at 11:51 pm #465199mos
Ahhh…what’s a few mandarins or not between friends
- August 23, 2022 at 8:43 am #605162Terri ZielkeThis was amazing!!!! It’s been a while since I had it at Fridays, so I don’t know if it tastes the same. But it doesn’t matter because it was the most delicious thing I’ve eaten for a while. I’m planning to make it in bulk and either can or freeze it. What would you suggest?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.