- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated November 20, 2013 at 6:15 pm by .
- May 13, 2007 at 10:40 pm #240564BiggerPiggyBank
Texas Two-Step Soup Mix (in a Jar)
1 (1.61 ounce) package brown gravy mix (regular or no-fat)
2 tablespoons mild red chili powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
10 to 12 regular-size tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
1 to 1 1/4 cups uncooked small to medium-size pasta (such as wheels,
Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth pint jar. In small bowl, stir together
chili powder, oregano, cumin, onion and garlic salt. Pour into jar to
make second layer.
Add layers of tortilla chips and pasta to fill jar.
Seal with lid. Attach gift tag (below) and decorate jar as desired.
Attach a gift tag with the following instructions:
Texas Two-Step Soup
Brown 1/2 pound ground beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add
contents of jar and 7 cups water; heat to boiling. Stir in 1 (15 ounce)
can corn with red and green bell peppers and 1 (16 ounce) can chopped
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until
pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded Monterey jack cheese, if
Makes 8 servings.
- November 18, 2013 at 7:58 am #445183KrousQueen
This sounds de-lish!!!
- November 19, 2013 at 3:17 am #445195LadyWren
This sounds delish! May have to make some of them up for christmas gifts!
- November 20, 2013 at 6:15 pm #445249HAV4Boys
What a great mix. Going to make these for my family for Christmas.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.