- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated May 25, 2017 at 1:07 am by .
- May 15, 2017 at 12:27 pm #378268
I love this cake because it’s a simple recipe, basically, no fail. Mix up the five-ingredient batter, dump it into the prepared pan, put the brown sugar and nuts over that, and bake at 325 F for 40 minutes.
Once it’s done baking and still hot, spread on the icing, that is seriously all there is to it!
How to Make Texas Tornado Cake
Texas Tornado Cake
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups fruit cocktail with syrup (16-oz. can)
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ cup brown sugar
Texas Tornado Cake Icing:
1 stick butter, preferably REAL butter
1 cup coconut
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients, except brown sugar and nuts, in a bowl.
- Pour batter into the pan.
- Combine brown sugar and nuts; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Spread icing on cake while hot.
How to Make the Coconut Icing
- combine icing ingredients in saucepan and boil for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the hot icing over the Hot cake.
- Let cool; cut into squares.
Adapted from CantStayOutoftheKitchen
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- May 25, 2017 at 1:07 am #463971
You had me at ‘no fail’! LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.